Operations Support SpecialistUK - Remote/London
Please apply with a CV & 1 page cover letter addressed to Phil MacDonald, via GuardianJobs. Please also include your earliest start date.
Applications will close midnight on Thursday 5th August 2021, with interviews on zoom the following week.
What’s the role?
As the organisation expands in Asia and the Middle East, we need expert operational support. You’ll be helping to keep the organisation running smoothly, have input into our growth strategy, as well as supporting our recruitment (especially in Asia and the Middle East). Working with the COO, alongside the HR Manager and Operations Assistant, your support will help the team continue to make a major impact on climate change policy.
What is Ember?
Ember is a fast growing energy & climate think tank, finding innovative ways to use data to end the use of coal – the most important way to tackle the climate change crisis. We have funding secured to double our team size in the coming 6 months, scaling up to around 32 people. You’ll be joining a well-respected team that is already having a global impact in tackling climate change, with recent policy wins from our expert analysts in Poland, the UK, India, and Turkey.
- Supporting the recruitment process through advertising, sifting and first stage interviews
- Supporting of HR processes, including onboarding of new staff and performance reviews
- Donor relations and reporting, as well as further fundraising bids
- Improving project management on our flagship reports
- Keeping the team culture strong whilst we work remotely and across timezones
- Working with the accountant on payments and expense processes
- At least 5 years experience in an HR/operations capacity
- Good organisational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks independently
- Some recruitment experience
- A passion for tackling climate change
Nice to have
- Experience in growing an organisation, preferably with non-profit experience
- Project management experience
- Financial reporting experience
- Overseas recruitment experience
- European or Asian language skills
- Experience with recruitment tools like Workable, and finance packages like Xero.
Salary: £30k-£35k, depending on experience
Location: Right to work in the UK required. We are currently remote working, but some of the team intend to return to our offices in London post-vaccine.
Ember’s history: For over a decade we’ve worked on climate policy in Europe as Sandbag, winning reform to the EU CO2-pricing market, and a succession of winds on coal phase-outs in Europe. Since 2020 we’ve rebranded as Ember as we take the fight against coal global. We turn data into action: we gather, curate and analyse data on the global coal to clean transition. See our work at www.ember-climate.org.
Holiday and Pension
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Plus additional time off between Christmas and New Year
- For each year you’re part of the team at Ember you’ll receive an additional 1 day of holiday, up to a maximum of 5 additional days.
- A pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working
- Office (when we return!) includes free breakfasts, free yoga, one-a-week beer & pizza
- Season ticket loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Funding and allocated time for your training and development
- Volunteer Day
- Two low carbon travel days
- Time off to donate blood.