Senior Electricity ResearcherJoin a fast-growing international team using data to tackle climate change.
To apply: Please send a CV & one page cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Dave Jones. Please also include your earliest start date.
Applications close November 19, 2021.
We are looking for an electricity transition expert that is able to research and write about the fast-changing global electricity transition. You will need to have a proven record for publishing high quality and insightful electricity analysis. This is a remote post, working with electricity and data experts across the Ember team.
- Lead on Ember’s analysis of the global electricity transition. Lead author for our respected Global Electricity Review (full-year published in March, and half-year published in August), and a new Asia Electricity Review.
- Writing short thought pieces on specific aspects of electricity transition and policy interventions needed to address these.
- Work across internal and external stakeholders to help shape your electricity analysis, and also to disseminate the electricity analysis (e.g. via webinars, media interviews etc.).
- 10+ years of experience doing electricity analysis (preferable at a global level of a reputed organisation).
- Ability to communicate high quality electricity analysis in writing and in presentations and the media.
- Ability to use electricity analysis to make change.
- Passionate about the global electricity transition.
- Fluent in English.
- Fascination with data and data visualisation
- Project management experience
- People Management skills with ability to train people within own work group
- Professional accreditation with an industry related body
- Other language skills (especially in Asia)
Salary and Hours:
- $60-$90k depending on experience
- Full-time position; 6-month probation clause
- Flexible, remote working
- Local payroll contract
- Enhanced leave allowance of 25 days holiday (in addition to UK Bank Holidays). Plus additional time off between Christmas and New Year. For each year that you’re part of the team at Ember you’ll receive an additional 1 day of leave, up to a maximum of 5 additional days.
- Expenses available for travel.
You must attach a 1 page cover letter and your CV to be considered.
Ember is an independent energy & climate think tank, using data to drive down carbon emissions from electricity generation and to phase out coal. We gather, curate and analyse data on the global power system – and use our findings to improve energy and climate policy. You’ll be joining us at a period of rapid growth, and be part of an innovative team that’s having a global impact in tackling climate change. We are also a founding member of Subak, the world’s first non-profit accelerator that scales climate impact through data, policy and behaviour change.
We are especially keen to encourage applications from people underrepresented in climate change analysis and campaigning. Climate change is a race issue, a class issue, and a gender issue. We welcome applicants with lived experiences of these issues.