Accelerating the global electricity transition from coal to clean
We put data into action
Support high impact policies
Shape the global narrative
The skyrocketing price of fossil gas was responsible for 85% of the increase in UK wholesale electricity prices in 2021.
Uttar Pradesh has fallen behind other power-intensive Indian states in terms of delivering on renewable capacity targets.
Analysis by energy think tanks Ember and ECCO finds that Italy is lagging far behind other major European economies in decarbonising its electricity sector.
This year there's been growing momentum on coal phase-out leading to COP26. What progress has been made and what more is needed for the world to finally make coal history?
Published November 2020. Click here for more details:
- EU-27 climate plans reveal that by 2030 renewables will deliver almost 60% of EU electricity demand.
- However, fossil fuels are still expected to generate 25% of EU electricity by 2030.
Published November 2020. Click here for more details
70% of methane leaks from Europe’s operational coal mines were from Poland.
- Two Polish companies – PGG and JSW – were responsible for 90% of these leaks
Published Feb 2021. Click here for more details:
- India’s coal-fired generation fell by 5% in 2020, declining further since its historical peak in 2018.
- There is now an opportunity to ensure it doesn’t bounce back as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.