Accelerating the global electricity transition from coal to clean
We put data into action
Support high impact policies
Shape the global narrative
Published November 2020. Click here for more details:
- EU-27 climate plans reveal that by 2030 renewables will deliver almost 60% of EU electricity demand.
- However, fossil fuels are still expected to generate 25% of EU electricity by 2030.
Published November 2020. Click here for more details
70% of methane leaks from Europe’s operational coal mines were from Poland.
- Two Polish companies – PGG and JSW – were responsible for 90% of these leaks
Published Feb 2021. Click here for more details:
- India’s coal-fired generation fell by 5% in 2020, declining further since its historical peak in 2018.
- There is now an opportunity to ensure it doesn’t bounce back as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Data from Ember's Global Electricity Review reveals the top 15 countries for wind and solar globally in 2020.
The challenge of coal phase out in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Region shows the complexity of energy transition in China.
The IEA's net zero by 2050 roadmap makes clear that ambitious action in the short term is needed globally, including within China.
P4G members can take confidence from the IEA Net Zero report that 100% clean power is crucial for carbon neutrality.