Accelerating the global electricity transition from coal to clean
We put data into action
Support high impact policies
Shape the global narrative
Published November 2020. Click here for more details:
- EU-27 climate plans reveal that by 2030 renewables will deliver almost 60% of EU electricity demand.
- However, fossil fuels are still expected to generate 25% of EU electricity by 2030.
Published November 2020. Click here for more details
70% of methane leaks from Europe’s operational coal mines were from Poland.
- Two Polish companies – PGG and JSW – were responsible for 90% of these leaks
Published Feb 2021. Click here for more details:
- India’s coal-fired generation fell by 5% in 2020, declining further since its historical peak in 2018.
- There is now an opportunity to ensure it doesn’t bounce back as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Global Electricity Review analyses electricity data from every country in the world to give an accurate view of the global electricity transition in 2020.
Plans for a full EU coal phase-out by 2030 are still half-formed, despite the growing momentum.
The long awaited 'Polish Energy Policy until 2040' shows that Poland still lacks the ambition needed to meet EU emissions targets.
Ostateczna wersja PEP2040 pokazuje, że Polsce nadal brakuje ambicji do realizacji ogólnounijnego celu ograniczenia emisji gazów cieplarnianych o 55%.