We’re committed to providing a great place to work at a competitive salary. We invest in our staff, offer flexible working conditions and pride ourselves on being an open and collaborative workplace. We’re a friendly and supportive team, and all passionately committed to addressing the climate crisis.
Climate change is a race issue, a class issue, and a gender issue. We welcome applicants with lived experiences of these issues.
We actively encourage applications from those who are underrepresented in climate change work and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or any other category protected by law. If you don’t feel confident enough to apply or need accommodations, please get in touch.
Ember is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity and fairness. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us by email.
Data Visualisation Expert – Climate/Energy (preferably UK-based). Closing date: 20/05/2022
Senior Electricity Researcher (Remote). Closing date: 20/05/2022
Middle East and North Africa Electricity Transition Lead (Remote). Closing date: 20/05/2022
Digital Communications Intern – Climate (UK, remote). Closing date 20/05/2022
What we offer
Make a difference: At Ember you will be part of an effort to tackle the climate crisis by targeting the biggest single emissions reduction win: the end of coal power. Our employees like to make a difference in other ways too so we give time off for volunteering, donating blood and low carbon travel.
Learn and develop: At Ember we cultivate a culture that promotes learning and supports career development. We hold weekly knowledge exchanges, target of at least 50 hours training a year and have a learning budget to support this. As the organisation grows, there are opportunities for promotion within Ember.
Thrive: Staff wellbeing is our top priority. During the pandemic we’ve had regular wellbeing check-ins. We offer flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working. We offer free annual eye tests and access to a counselling service.
All our benefits:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year
- For each year that you’re part of the team at Ember you’ll receive an additional 1 day of holiday, up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- A pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working. We’re currently mainly working remotely, but have access to a central London office shared with other NGOs
- Office (when we return!) includes free breakfasts, free yoga, once-a-week beer & pizza
- Season Ticket loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Access to a counselling service
- Funding and allocated time for your training and development
- Paid volunteer day
- Two paid days off for low carbon travel
- Time off to donate blood
Ember is growing! If you’re passionate about tackling climate change, and like the sound of using data to design really effective climate policies, then we’d love to work with you. Watch this page for open positions, or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a utilities expert with knowledge of the Asian power sector.